No products in the cart.
Alpaca Throw | Taupe & Orange
Buy Back Value: £112.00
Dimensions: - 178 × 128 cmStudio Altar presents ‘Daily Rituals’ in collaboration with ALLPA, a fairtrade design company working with artisans in Peru for over 35 years. Handwoven in the Andes and inspired by the traditional colours of the area, the throws are made of the softest Alpaca wool from sustainable local sources.
Ingredients / Materials: - 100% Alpaca Boucle Wool
- About the Designer
Studio Altar is a design studio based in Amsterdam and London. A passion for traditional crafts drives their practice. It draws from the critical exploration of the crossover between vernacular aesthetics, history and cultural context of the communities Studio Altar collaborates with.
The main focus of Studio Altar is to preserve traditional artisanal techniques. Whether working on self-initiated research projects or design commissions, their goal is to create a bridge between the past and the future of crafts.
- Care Instruction
Our weavers recommend Dry Cleaning or chemical-free Green Dry Cleaning to preserve the beautiful weave of these throws; however, due to the nature of alpaca, minimal cleaning is needed. If you choose to wash your throw yourself, here are some things to be aware of. With the proper care, your alpaca throw surely will last decades. Follow the instructions below to ensure that your alpaca throw remains a cherished family heirloom:
- Overall, alpaca throws need little care. Alpaca fibres wick away moisture & do not absorb odour or dust, making them resistant to odours or becoming soiled. Laying your blanket in the sun will refresh it tremendously; however, be sure to limit sun exposure to no more than 15 minutes as the sun can cause fading.
- When the need to clean your alpaca throw does arise, it is recommended to Dry Clean; however, you might prefer hand washing your throw with gentle, non-abrasive soap or even baby shampoo.
- Since without agitation and let the water drain away without wringing.
After washing, place your throw on a flat surface to dry. You can lay it on top of a towel to help absorb extra moisture.
- Never use a dryer, as heat will cause your alpaca throw to shrink. Never tumble, as this will cause damage to your blanket.
It is possible to clean your alpaca throw in the washing machine if you have a machine with adjustable settings. Many washers today have settings designed to wash delicate wool items through a process that imitates hand-washing, only slightly agitating the water. If you choose to use your washing machine, you must follow these specific instructions:
- First, change the program of your washing machine to delicate or a setting for woollens, whichever is less aggressive.
- Set the temperature to cold. Using warm or hot weather will shrink the fibres of your throw, essentially destroying it.
- Set the spin speed to off. Alpaca throws are fragile; they don’t like to be heated, wrung, or spun.
- Use gentle, delicate detergent to help your throw keep its colour & texture, drawing out its durability.
- Lay flat to dry – do not put in dryer! Make sure the throw is not crumpled or layered, or it won’t dry properly. The more airflow, the better!
To store your throw when it is not in use, keep it away from damp or moist conditions. Perhaps consider sealing it in a bag to keep away from moisture & insects. The use of lavender or cedar is recommended. Do not use mothballs.
- End of Life
Keeping our products off of landfills and incinerators is Kola Project’s main goal. As our consumers, we kindly request you help us as you play a key role in accomplishing this goal.
If you do not want this item anymore, please log into your account and request a return. We accept items indefinitely, at all stages of life, and for any reason. Depending on the condition of the item, you may be eligible for a buyback value that you can redeem for future purchases. To find the exact buyback value of this item, please check your order history in your account.
- Free Shipping For Orders Over £150.00
- Standard Delivery – Within 1 – 2 business days (in-stock)£5.99
- Delivery to a UPS Collection Point – 1-3 working days£4.99
- Special home delivery for large volume orders with assembly - 7-14 business days£14.99
- EXCHANGES AND RETURNSYou can attach the pre-paid shipping label to your return package and leave it at our courier’s nearest drop off location. You can find additional information about the Exchange and Return Policy or your right to withdrawal in our FAQ .
Enter the e-mail and get a promo code
Your application has been sent, our manager will contact you shortly
Please select the condition that best describes your product
Estimation for product
for your request!
for your request!
We’ll email you within 24 hours with shipping instructions for your item.