No products in the cart.
Blanket | the Siempre | Recycled | Black
Buy Back Value: £56.00
Made in Peru
- Curator Notes
Dimensions: - 150 × 200 cmThe Siempre is 100% recycled, using factory off-cuts that would have otherwise ended up in a landfill. Instead, the fibres are shredded and spun into recycled yarn, and woven into your new favourite fireside companion- The Siempre Blanket. For those looking for something heavier, with a more rugged composition. Built for the outdoors. Colour - Black with Ivory Stripe
Ingredients / Materials: - 41% Alpaca, 30% Wool, 15% Cotton, 14% Reclaimed Mixed Fibers
- Additional Information
- Care Instruction
Our weavers recommend Dry Cleaning or chemical-free Green Dry Cleaning to preserve the beautiful weave of these throws; however, due to the nature of alpaca, minimal cleaning is needed. If you choose to wash your throw yourself, here are some things to be aware of. With the proper care, your alpaca throw surely will last decades. Follow the instructions below to ensure that your alpaca throw remains a cherished family heirloom:
- Overall, alpaca throws need little care. Alpaca fibres wick away moisture & do not absorb odour or dust, making them resistant to odours or becoming soiled. Laying your blanket in the sun will refresh it tremendously; however, be sure to limit sun exposure to no more than 15 minutes as the sun can cause fading.
- When the need to clean your alpaca throw does arise, it is recommended to Dry Clean; however, you might prefer hand washing your throw with gentle, non-abrasive soap or even baby shampoo.
- Since without agitation and let the water drain away without wringing. After washing, place your throw on a flat surface to dry. You can lay it on top of a towel to help absorb extra moisture.
- Never use a dryer, as heat will cause your alpaca throw to shrink. Never tumble, as this will cause damage to your blanket.
It is possible to clean your alpaca throw in the washing machine if you have a machine with adjustable settings. Many washers today have settings designed to wash delicate wool items through a process that imitates hand-washing, only slightly agitating the water. If you choose to use your washing machine, you must follow these specific instructions:
- First, change the program of your washing machine to delicate or a setting for woollens, whichever is less aggressive.
- Set the temperature to cold. Using warm or hot weather will shrink the fibres of your throw, essentially destroying it.
- Set the spin speed to off. Alpaca throws are fragile; they don’t like to be heated, wrung, or spun.
- Use gentle, delicate detergent to help your throw keep its colour & texture, drawing out its durability.
- Lay flat to dry – do not put in dryer! Make sure the throw is not crumpled or layered, or it won’t dry properly. The more airflow, the better!
To store your throw when it is not in use, keep it away from damp or moist conditions. Perhaps consider sealing it in a bag to keep away from moisture & insects. The use of lavender or cedar is recommended. Do not use mothballs.
- End of Life
This product is part of The Restore Program. That means you can send it back to us if you don’t want it anymore. Simply check the following form pre-populated for your convenience and send it to us. We will arrange a return for your product so it can have a second life, and you will be rewarded with points that you can redeem on your future orders.
- Free Shipping For Orders Over £150.00
- Standard Delivery – Within 1 – 2 business days (in-stock)£5.99
- Delivery to a UPS Collection Point – 1-3 working days£4.99
- Special home delivery for large volume orders with assembly - 7-14 business days£14.99
- EXCHANGES AND RETURNSYou can attach the pre-paid shipping label to your return package and leave it at our courier’s nearest drop off location. You can find additional information about the Exchange and Return Policy or your right to withdrawal in our FAQ .
Blacksaw was born with the desire to create meaningful possessions worthy of taking up space in your life. The brand was conceptualized after several years of travelling when husband and wife duo Kyle and Steph Taylor came up with the vision behind Blacksaw and the idea of meaningful possessions.
It all starts with the Alpaca. Blacksaw Alpaca’s are scattered all over the highlands of Peru, roaming free and are individually owned by the villages that raise them until it is time for the shearing process.
When the alpaca hair is fully grown, a highly skilled team visits each community to kindly and humanely shear the animals. Shearing Alpacas is very important to the animal’s welfare as they do not shed their fleece. It is essential to shear them annually to prevent them from overheating in the summer months.
The fibres are then sorted by colour and micron (The finer the hair, the lower the micron, which means softer fibres) and put on the truck to be delivered to the spinning facility, where they are spun into strong, consistent threads. Baby Alpaca is super soft and luxurious at 22.5 Microns, whereas regular Alpaca can be much courser at 31 Microns.
Once the fibres are professionally sorted, they spin each colour and quality into a spool of yarn. Currently, there are 22 natural colours of Alpaca hair, beautiful in their natural un-dyed colours. The natural shades range from blacks through brown-black, white, silver-greys, and rose-greys.
Finally, every single blanket and throw is looked over by a professional in our facility. Here, any misplaced fibre is pulled, and any imperfection is corrected before labelling and packaging product to be shipped.
Enter the e-mail and get a promo code
Thank you so much for subscribing to Kola Project. You will not regret this!
Please select the condition that best describes your product
Estimation for product
for your request!
for your request!
We’ll email you within 24 hours with shipping instructions for your item.