No products in the cart.
Lamp | Concrete
£189.00 – £432.00
Buy Back Value: £87.50 – £200.00
Ingredients / Materials: - Concrete | Wood
Bulb included No Colour grey Dimming Function No Material concrete Cable Length (m) 2.500000 Class I No Class II Yes Bulb Type 2pin twist led lamp Maximum Voltage (V) 240 Maximum Wattage (W) 5W
- About the DesignerDutch designer, Renate Vos, designed a hanging lamp made from concrete and silicone rubber for Serax. Despite its sleek appearance, the lamp emits a warm light. The starting point in all of Renate’s designs is her own fascination with a particular material or technique.Her creations are not conceived in advance but develop during the working process. The ultimate goal is to create a functional implement that always brings with it a sense of wonder. This sense of wonder can arise from the application of a certain technique, your own interpretation of work, or the new use of material. The Concrete XL lamp is new in the collection.The Concrete lamps by Renate Vos are the result of an experiment with concrete and silicone. The Dutch designer combined both materials without knowing what object would come out of it. The contrast between the impenetrable, cold concrete and the soft, almost transparent silicone fascinated her.Renate has now added three new outdoor lamps to her existing range of floor, wall and pendant lamps. Under the straightforward concrete shade with silicone, the top hides a metal base with a lighting element. The silicone top layer spreads a warm glow that is in great contrast with the cold concrete.A design that may seem inconspicuous, but its simplicity and unusual combination of materials certainly do not remain unnoticed. The Concrete outdoor lamps by Renate Vos for Serax are available in three sizes: small, medium and large.
- Care Instruction
Glass is a wonderful material for making ceiling lights. It transmits and reflects light beautifully, and you can fashion it into all sorts of gorgeous styles and colours – from blown glass pendants to glass and brass lanterns to chandeliers.
To make the most of your glass pendant lights, it’s a good idea to do some routine maintenance from time to time. As dust and dirt build up, it can affect both the efficiency and the aesthetic appeal.
By following some simple steps, you can help keep your glass pendant lights looking as good as new.
A ‘light clean’: maintaining your glass pendant lights
You can help to reduce the build-up of dirt and grime by giving your glass pendant lights a maintenance clean around once a week. This can normally be done with the pendant in situ.
- First, turn off the power supply to the light and wait for the bulb to cool down.
- Place your stepladder or chair on an even surface and make sure you can reach the light easily and without having to overstretch. It’s also a good idea to wear a pair of gloves while you’re cleaning, to protect your hands and avoid leaving any fingerprints.
- Next, using a soft, dry microfibre cloth or an extendable duster, gently wipe the glass to remove any excess dust, dirt and grime.
- Don’t forget the light bulb – dirty light bulbs not only look unattractive, but they’re also much less energy efficient. Keeping them clean will help them to work better and ensure that your lighting is as bright as it should be!
- Finally, give any cables and fixings a wipe down.
Giving your glass pendant lights a deeper clean
Giving your pendant lights a regular dusting will help reduce build-up, but it’s a good idea to give them a more thorough clean every so often (perhaps once or twice a year). This will help get into those awkward nooks and crannies and allow you to remove more persistent dirt and grime.
Before you begin, you’ll need to gather together a few things:
a soft microfibre cloth
a bowl of warm (not hot) water
glass-safe liquid soap or detergent
a sturdy stepladder or chair
a screwdriver (if applicable)
a soft, clean towel
- Take the necessary precautions. As above, make sure the electricity supply to the light is turned off, and the lightbulb is cool, and that your ladder or chair are placed evenly on the floor.
- Dismantle your pendant light. For a deeper clean, it’s best to remove the glass shade. Exactly how your pendant light is assembled will vary, but normally you will remove the bulb and then the shade. Reach up carefully inside the pendant to unscrew the bulb, and then remove the fixings that hold the glass in place (usually unscrewing or unclipping them).
- Soak the glass in warm water. Shake any surface dust or dirt from the glass onto the newspaper, and place the glass in the bowl of warm, soapy water. Leave it to soak for a few minutes. (Note: you should never place your glass pendant in a dishwasher!)
- Wipe the pendant with a soft cloth. After removing the pendant from the water, wipe it with a soft cloth, using gentle circular movements, on both the inside and outside. If the glass is greasy, you can also use a glass cleaner (checking its suitability first). It’s best to apply the cleaner to the cloth rather than the glass itself.
- Towel dry the pendant. Use a soft, clean towel to gently dry your glass pendant and help prevent any streaks.
- Clean the lightbulb(s). Carefully wipe the bulb – if necessary, you can use a damp cloth, but make sure you steer clear of the metal base and use warm rather than hot water. Allow the bulb to dry fully.
- Reassemble your pendant light. Now that everything’s clean and dry, it’s time to put it all back together. Making sure the power is still off, gently replace the glass and apply the glass fixings. Pop the bulb back in…and enjoy your newly sparkling glass pendant light!
- End of Life
Keeping our products off of landfills and incinerators is Kola Project’s main goal. As our consumers, we kindly request you help us as you play a key role in accomplishing this goal.
If you do not want this item anymore, please log into your account and request a return. We accept items indefinitely, at all stages of life, and for any reason. Depending on the condition of the item, you may be eligible for a buyback value that you can redeem for future purchases. To find the exact buyback value of this item, please check your order history in your account.
- Free Shipping For Orders Over £150.00
- Standard Delivery – Within 1 – 2 business days (in-stock)£5.99
- Delivery to a UPS Collection Point – 1-3 working days£4.99
- Special home delivery for large volume orders with assembly - 7-14 business days£14.99
- EXCHANGES AND RETURNSYou can attach the pre-paid shipping label to your return package and leave it at our courier’s nearest drop off location. You can find additional information about the Exchange and Return Policy or your right to withdrawal in our FAQ .
Enter the e-mail and get a promo code
Your application has been sent, our manager will contact you shortly
Please select the condition that best describes your product
Estimation for product
for your request!
for your request!
We’ll email you within 24 hours with shipping instructions for your item.