No products in the cart.
Lamp With Table | Floor
Buy Back Value: £157.50
Dimensions: - 50 × 50 × 160 cm
Ingredients / Materials: - Metal | Wood
When the sun goes down, the lights go on. At first glance, Studio Simple’s lamps for Serax look rather uncomplicated. However, beneath all that outward modesty lies an ingenious and complex design that takes the aesthetics to a higher level. And a wink and nod are never far away …
Bulb included No Colour black Dimming Function No Cable Length (m) 4.000000 Class I No Class II Yes Bulb Type E27 Maximum Voltage (V) 240 Maximum Wattage (W) 25W
- About the Designer
Designer duo Ann Vereecken and Jeroen Worst of Studio Simple love simplicity which is obvious from their first collection of objects they created for Serax. The side table is made of oak and white lacquered iron and looks light and gentle thanks to the rounded forms allowing it to be easily integrated into existing interiors. A small stool was also designed and formed a nice complement for the side table.
The collection has been expanded with a couple of objects such as storage boxes, a wood basket, a candle holder and a hat stand. The constant thread in his design is again the simplistic design and the choice of materials. A nice example of home-grown design.
“Functional objects with a very everyday character, we are delighted to see the beauty in that.” The marriage between Serax and Studio Simple is of the long and very successful kind. Ann Vereecken and Jeroen Worst possess the gift of highlighting the beauty of every day, almost obvious objects, to add something special to simple things. The list of designs they are adding to their Serax portfolio this year is far from spectacular, but this is precisely what makes them so special – if only because there is a very sustainable idea behind rediscovering the simple things in life.
- Care Instruction
Glass is a wonderful material for making ceiling lights. It transmits and reflects light beautifully, and you can fashion it into all sorts of gorgeous styles and colours – from blown glass pendants to glass and brass lanterns to chandeliers.
To make the most of your glass pendant lights, it’s a good idea to do some routine maintenance from time to time. As dust and dirt build up, it can affect both the efficiency and the aesthetic appeal.
By following some simple steps, you can help keep your glass pendant lights looking as good as new.
A ‘light clean’: maintaining your glass pendant lights
You can help to reduce the build-up of dirt and grime by giving your glass pendant lights maintenance clean around once a week. This can normally be done with the pendant in situ.
- First, turn off the power supply to the light and wait for the bulb to cool down.
- Place your stepladder or chair on an even surface and make sure you can reach the light easily and without having to overstretch. It’s also a good idea to wear a pair of gloves while you’re cleaning, to protect your hands and avoid leaving any fingerprints.
- Next, using a soft, dry microfibre cloth or an extendable duster, gently wipe the glass to remove any excess dust, dirt and grime.
- Don’t forget the light bulb – dirty light bulbs not only look unattractive, but they’re also much less energy efficient. Keeping them clean will help them to work better and ensure that your lighting is as bright as it should be!
- Finally, give any cables and fixings a wipe down.
Giving your glass pendant lights a deeper clean
Giving your pendant lights a regular dusting will help reduce build-up, but it’s a good idea to give them a more thorough clean every so often (perhaps once or twice a year). This will help get into those awkward nooks and crannies and allow you to remove more persistent dirt and grime.
Before you begin, you’ll need to gather together a few things:
a soft microfibre cloth
a bowl of warm (not hot) water
glass-safe liquid soap or detergent
a sturdy stepladder or chair
a screwdriver (if applicable)
a soft, clean towel
- Take the necessary precautions. As above, make sure the electricity supply to the light is turned off, and the lightbulb is cool, and that your ladder or chair are placed evenly on the floor.
- Dismantle your pendant light. For a deeper clean, it’s best to remove the glass shade. Exactly how your pendant light is assembled will vary, but normally you will remove the bulb and then the shade. Reach up carefully inside the pendant to unscrew the bulb, and then remove the fixings that hold the glass in place (usually unscrewing or unclipping them).
- Soak the glass in warm water. Shake any surface dust or dirt from the glass onto the newspaper, and place the glass in the bowl of warm, soapy water. Leave it to soak for a few minutes. (Note: you should never place your glass pendant in a dishwasher!)
- Wipe the pendant with a soft cloth. After removing the pendant from the water, wipe it with a soft cloth, using gentle circular movements, on both the inside and outside. If the glass is greasy, you can also use a glass cleaner (checking its suitability first). It’s best to apply the cleaner to the cloth rather than the glass itself.
- Towel dry the pendant. Use a soft, clean towel to gently dry your glass pendant and help prevent any streaks.
- Clean the lightbulb(s). Carefully wipe the bulb – if necessary, you can use a damp cloth, but make sure you steer clear of the metal base and use warm rather than hot water. Allow the bulb to dry fully.
- Reassemble your pendant light. Now that everything’s clean and dry, it’s time to put it all back together. Making sure the power is still off, gently replace the glass and apply the glass fixings. Pop the bulb back in…and enjoy your newly sparkling glass pendant light!
- End of Life
Keeping our products off of landfills and incinerators is Kola Project’s main goal. As our consumers, we kindly request you help us as you play a key role in accomplishing this goal.
If you do not want this item anymore, please log into your account and request a return. We accept items indefinitely, at all stages of life, and for any reason. Depending on the condition of the item, you may be eligible for a buyback value that you can redeem for future purchases. To find the exact buyback value of this item, please check your order history in your account.
- Free Shipping For Orders Over £150.00
- Standard Delivery – Within 1 – 2 business days (in-stock)£5.99
- Delivery to a UPS Collection Point – 1-3 working days£4.99
- Special home delivery for large volume orders with assembly - 7-14 business days£14.99
- EXCHANGES AND RETURNSYou can attach the pre-paid shipping label to your return package and leave it at our courier’s nearest drop off location. You can find additional information about the Exchange and Return Policy or your right to withdrawal in our FAQ .
Enter the e-mail and get a promo code
Your application has been sent, our manager will contact you shortly
Please select the condition that best describes your product
Estimation for product
for your request!
for your request!
We’ll email you within 24 hours with shipping instructions for your item.