A natural material is any product or physical matter that comes from plants, animals, or the ground. Minerals and the metals that can be extracted from them (without further modification) are also considered to belong into this category. Natural materials are used as building materials and clothing.
- Biotic materials
- Wood (rattan, bamboo, bark, etc.)
- Natural fiber (silk, wool, cotton, flax, hemp, jute, kapok, kenaf, moss, etc.)
- Inorganic material
- Stone (flint, granite, obsidian, sandstone, sand, gems, glass, etc.)
- Native metal (copper, iron, gold, silver, etc.)
- Composites (clay, plasticine, etc.)
- Other natural materials.